|This article, ATHENA Powered Assault Armor, was written by Flood12345. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
|The author of this article, ATHENA Powered Assault Armor, urges anyone who reads it to provide feedback on the quality of the article. Thank you!|
The ATHENA Powered Assault Armor is a technologically advanced combat exoskeleton system designed to vastly improve strength, speed, agility, reflexes, intelligence and protection of a Spartan supersoldier and the first incarnation of the infamous ATHENA Armor.
The ATHENA was created as an upgrade of the MJOLNIR armour. Created to totally exploit the special augumentations and training of the SPARTAN-II Supersoldiers, this battlesuit costs as much as a starship. It is a sealed system, capable of extravehicular activity or operations in toxic atmosphere. It is hardened against EMP and radiation, and has filters that are completely effective at removing toxins and bacteria from local atmosphere.
The armor's shell is composed of a multilayer alloy of remarkable strength and has been augmented with a refractive coating capable of dispersing a limited amount of plasma or ballistic ammunition strikes. The suit contains a gel-filled layer underneath a thick black armored bodysuit. The gel layer regulates temperature and can reactively change its density. The inner skinsuit is made of a moisture-absorbing synthetic material linked to an environment control computer and the occupant's Spartan neural interface.
- More powerful fusion reactor that allows a 90% stronger shield with faster recharge.
- New motion sensor that allows identifing types of enemies.
- Night, infrared, thermal, UV and X-ray vision systems.
- Helmet binoculars include 3x, 5x, 8x, 10x and 12x scope sets.
- Aramid Skin in the lower layers for flexibility.
- Combination of Titanium-B and ENDES Ceramic Skin in higher layers to reduce bullets or plasma penetraion.
- New HUD that allows to see health and shields of teammates and the amount of biofoam left in the suit.
- Stronger magnetic plates at the back of the user, allowing to carry 2 weapons at the same time.
- The Armour has 130 minutes of pressurized air.
- Magnetic plates are also added in various parts of the suit.
- A better version of the Covenant Active Camouflage.
- Plasma Knives are added on top of the knuckles.
- The Armour includes a VISA.
- The Armour comes with an Air Filter.
- Automatic MediFoam injectors.
- The Armour has an extremly effective cooling system, which renders it invisible to thermal scanners.
The Advanced Variant is designed as an upgrade of the standard ATHENA Armour. It is mostly used by high-ranking Spartans, and when a mission is considered suicidal. It includes a RADAR System, LIDAR System, Heartbeat Sensor and Armor Lock Ability.