|This article, Battle of Ontario III, was written by Spartan G-23. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
|Battle of Ontario III|
October 21st, 2549
Pyhrric Covenant Victory
|Theta Sierra Campaign|
- Covenant Fleet of Supreme Loyalty exits slipspace near the planet Ontario III
- A longsword squadron alerts the defense fleet of the covenant fleet
- Defense fleet sends a distress signal to the UNSC Second Assault Fleet
- A covenant frigate is destroyed by one of the MAC stations
- Covenant fleet retreats to a safer location and creates a new attack plan
- The UNSC Second Assault Fleet enters space above Ontario III
- A MAC Station destroys an assault carrier
- Ten ships in the defense fleet are destroyed
- The UNSC Spitfire destroys a Vindicator-Class Cruiser
- Nch 'Kodumee decides to assault the MAC stations through boarding craft
- Kingston and Ottawa Station repel all of the boarders but Toronto Station is destroyed by an anti-matter bomb
- An Assault Carrier and the second Vindicator-Class Cruiser are destroyed by the MAC Stations
- A covenant destroyer is destroyed
- The remainder of the defense fleet is destroyed
- The covenant fleet begins a renewed assault against the planet.
- 300 Phantoms are sent to the surface of the planet.
- Kingston Station is destroyed by a plasma torpedoe.
- Most of the covenant frigates and UNSC Second Assault Fleet are destroyed in combat.
- Admiral Chow gets his ships to lay down a minefield around the planet.
- Covenant forces lose many ships and decide not to travers the minefield until they can get a safer way around it.
- Marine fall back to Toronto and Kingston in order to reinforce the landing pads while the civilians evacuate the planet.
- Ottawa is over run by covenant forces and all civilians and marines are killed.
- The civilians board the UNSC Spitfire
- Kingston is under heavy assault by the covenant forces and the 23rd regiment is destroyed.
- The 51st regiment liberates Ottawa but finds no survivors of the covenant attack.
- Marine forces fall back to the centre of Kingston and request reinforcements.
- The 32nd regiment storms the covenant command post in Waterloo killing several Ultras leading the battle.
- The Field Master in charge of the battle escapes the UNSC forces at the command post.
- Nch 'Kodumee's ship is badly damaged and retreats to the back of the fleet formation.
- The 21st regiment and 92nd regiment are destroyed in Kingston and the covenant gain full control over the city.
- The Field Commander turns the city hall in the centre of Kingston into the new command post.
- Alpha company is ambushed and destroyed.
- Bravo Company is ambushed but fights off the attackers at the cost of more than half of its men.
- The 32nd regiment arrives at Toronto just in time aid the 52nd regiment in the defense of the city.
- The 45th regiment manages to break through covenant defenses at Kingston but receives heavy casulties.
- The 80th regiment lands on the outskirts of Kingston and reinforces the 45th regiment in the battle for the city.
- The covenant fleet is decimated as it traverses the minefiled but manages to destroy Ottawa station and all but 15 ships in the UNSC Second Assault Fleet.
- The UNSC Second Assault Fleet jumps to slipspace after evacuating all marine forces in Toronto.
- The 45th regiment is destroyed but manages to kill several Ultras.
- The 80th regiment kills the Field Master and regains control of Kingston.
- The covenant take control of Toronto but are surprised that there was no UNSC force there.
- The covenant excavate the forerunner artifact buried deep under Toronto.
- The 80th regiment after holding Kingston for several hours is destroyed when a scarab attacks Kingston.
- The remaining marines in the 80th regiment attempt to take the scarab but only succeed in killing the platoon of soldiers on the top and several guards on the bottom.
- The covenant excavate the forerunner artifact buried underneath Kingston.
- The covenant glass Ontario III.