|This article, Battle of Polyphemus, was written by EliteMaster117. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
- "Vector-9, reading multiple pings converging on your location. Coming out of Slipspace."
- ―Comm Station 32, located on Serenges, identifying the large attack force.
|Battle of Polyphemus|
January 25th, 2552
The Battle of Polyphemus was a large scale battle that took place on a world near the inner colonies, but still on the outer. It was one of the many large battles before Reach, and there was a group of SPARTAN-IIIs, specifically Royal Team, who took part in the battle. The Covenant almost overtook the UNSC, and glassed approximately 30% of the planet, but the UNSC made a comeback and wiped out the Covenant forces.
- 0600 Hours: Multiple contacts identified on radar.
- 0650: A Covenant Supercarrier followed by three Assault Carriers jump out of slipspace, taking out relay satellite almost immediately.
- 0700: Longswords are deployed to location, and engage Supercarrier. All Longswords lost.
- 0710: UNSC Red Dawn, frigate class, engages Covenant.
- 0758: Red Dawn destroyed, no Covenant casualties.
- 0834: Nearest UNSC fleet arrives, and immediately engages Covenant forces.
- 0948: Covenant launch boarding craft after plasma torpedoes fail.
- 1034: UNSC Liturgist destroyed.
- 1100: Colonel Urban Holland sends Royal Team on location to board Covenant vessels.
- 1159: Covenant deploy ground forces, taking civilians off guard.
- 1230: UNSC deploys ground forces.
- 1242: More Covenant vessels arrive.
- 1321: Scarabs deployed to ground.
- 1355: Royal Team arrives, and quickly takes control of a Covenant frigate, setting it on crash course for Supercarrier.
- 1400: General Wiles Marsh arrives, initiating Winter Contingency.
- 1500: SPARTANs turn direction away from Supercarrier, and end up destroying a CCS Battlecruiser. SPARTANs are deployed to ground.
- 0100 Hours: SPARTAN team successfully destroy all forces in Serenges, and set back up Comm Relay.
- 0342 Hours: UNSC forces regroup, and 10 out of 27 MAC Stations are destroyed.
- 1800 Hours: The rest of the UNSC Fleet arrives.
- 2300 Hours: SPARTANs take out three Scarabs trying to destroy a city, and exfil. in a Pelican Dropship.
- 2313 Hours: SPARTAN's Pelican is shot down. SPARTANs crash land behind enemy lines.
- 2400 Hours: 13th Covenant Anti-Aircraft Battery set up.
- 0100 Hours: 3 Battlecruisers remaining. 4 Assault Carriers left. Supercarrier suffered massive damage. All Covenant AA Batteries down. UNSC casualties on ground are massive. 1 SPARTAN MIA, 1 Frigate remaining. 3 Destroyers left, repair station destroyed. Halcyon cruiser evacuated, bridge and Captain gone.
- 1300 Hours: Wet navy engages Covenant Seraphs going on bombing runs over towns and cities.
- 1500 Hours: SPARTANs successfully evacuated to nearest frigate, which begins engaging Covenant. Most damaged ships retreat, and jump for a random vector, per the Cole Protocol.
- 1600 Hours: Surviving Covenant vessels begin glassing Polyphemus.
- 2000 Hours: Most UNSC infantry forces retreat. Some left behind.
- 2100 Hours: Covenant forces eliminate most stragglers, and exfil. to any Covenant vessels.
- 2111 Hours: Last MAC Station destroyed.
- 2132 Hours: Last remaining UNSC Vessels launch MAC Cannons against Covenant ships, disrupting the glassing.
- 2200 Hours: SPARTAN-IIIs board Covenant Supercarrier.
- 2223 Hours: Royal Team shuts down shields, allowing UNSC forces to destroy ship. One SPARTAN stays behind.
- 2300 Hours: Second to last frigate, carrying SPARTANs, jumps to Slipspace.
- 2400 Hours: One single destroyer, the UNSC Goodbye Lulla-bye goes on a collision course right into the center of the remaining Covenant vessels, destroying itself in a self-destruct, and wiping the Covenant fleet out.