|This article, Daniel-240, was written by slowfuture. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
- "Life is mundane, it's filled with routine and very little changes; it's static: safe. That's why I'm fighting for the small things: the blue sky; the rain; the sunsets; the stars shimmering incandescent at night. The hope that tomorrow our lives will be filled with the extraordinary. "
Daniel underwent a series of augmentations designed to turn him into a Super Soldier; a Spartan. During the procedure he received updated variants of the augmentations undertaken by the first class of Spartans. Despite the successes and improvements made by the Emily Ford and wished to keep as many similarities as possible to the progenitor class., both
1. Carbide ceramic ossification: Advanced material: special metal and ceramic layers, grafting onto skeletal structure to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3 percent total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis. Specific risk for pre- and near-post pubescent adolescents: skeletal growth spurts may cause irreparable bone pulverization.
2. Muscular enhancement injections: Protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactate recovery time. Risk: 5 percent of test subjects experience a fatal cardiac volume increase.
3. Catalytic thyroid implant: Platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues. Risk: rare instances of elephantiasis. Suppressed sexual drive.
4. Occipital capillary reversal: Submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of subject’s retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase. Risk: retinal rejection and detachment. Permanent blindness.
5. Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: Alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject’s reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity. Risk: significant instances of Parkinson’s disease and Fletcher’s syndrome
Battle of Skojpe
Fall of Reach