- "Don't even bother lying — we can backtrace it."
- ―The Administration
The Administrators are the community leaders of Halo Fanon who maintain order and aide users on a day-to-day business. Currently, there's an active staff of 5 men and women consisting of 2 Bureaucrats and 3 Administrators. The symbol seen on the right is used to identify a staff member, and is placed at the top right of his or her userpage.
What's an Administrator?
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and restoring pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded files, but cannot restore them.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They are also able to remove administrator access from any user to which it was granted. Please contact one of the community staff in the unlikely event that you need this done and cannot reach a bureaucrat.
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
- Special:Blockip - block a username or IP address
- Special:Deletedcontributions - access a deleted page's history
- Special:Userrights - modify user rights (e.g. rollback, sysop privileges)
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. While an admin wasn't originally considered "in charge" of the wiki, however as our has wiki grown, the need for community-oriented administrators who take the initiative in leading the site and overseeing its content is standard procedure. The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community with their personal issues and beliefs kept out of their professional duties.
List of Administrators
|Bureaucrats||Administrator Since||Bureaucrat Since|
|Ajax 013 (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 16,138)||November 4, 2007||November 7, 2013|
|Brodie-001 (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 6,100)||November 7, 2013||January 7, 2015|
|Actene (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 8,702)||November 7, 2013|
|Ahalosniper (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 5,466)||November 7, 2013|
|Lordofmonsterisland (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 37,333)||May 7, 2014|
|Bureaucrats||Administrative Term||Bureaucratic Term|
|H*bad (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 2,153)||Jan 11, 2007—Jun 13, 2008||Jan 11, 2007—Jun 13, 2008|
|RelentlessRecusant (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 7,376)||Jan 11, 2007—Sep 15, 2009||Jan 11, 2007—Sep 15, 2009|
|Rotaretilbo (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 5,723)||Mar 12, 2007—Apr 4, 2010||Jun 5, 2007—Apr 4, 2010|
|Spartan-091 (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 5,851)||Jun 1, 2007—Dec 11, 2011||Mar 31, 2010—Dec 11, 2011|
|Subtank (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 11,754)||Sep 2, 2008—Dec 20, 2011||Mar 31, 2010—Dec 20, 2011|
|Lordofmonsterisland (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 37,333)||Sep 2, 2008—Nov 7, 2013|
May 7, 2014—current
|Dec 20, 2012—Nov 7, 2013|
|Sonasaurus (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 27,841)||Sep 10, 2011—Jan 7, 2015||Dec 20, 2011—Jan 7, 2015|
|Donut THX 1138 (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 715)||Mar 24, 2007—Dec 2, 2009|
|Leon2323 (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 47)||May 14, 2007—Jun 10, 2007|
(Officially DRfA'd Apr 4, 2010)
|Dragonclaws (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 1,240)||Nov 4, 2007—Dec 15, 2011|
|SPARTAN-077 (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 2,501)||Sep 2, 2008—Jan 31, 2009|
|Grizzlei (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 14,801)||April 24, 2010—May 11, 2013|
|-AR- (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 5,392)||April 24, 2010—Nov 7, 2013|
|Maslab (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 6,827)||April 24, 2010—Nov 7, 2013|
|Leo Fox (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 8,141)||Feb 24, 2011—Jan 7, 2015|
|StoneGhost (talk • e-mail) (contribs • edits: 15,106)||March 31, 2012—Jan 7, 2015|
|Ajax 013||Ajax 013 is one of the most veteran users on Halo Fanon, and its currently longest serving administrator. He enjoys NCFing articles, elaborate revenge schemes and dominating the minds of lesser men. Fear him. On the 7th of November, 2013, after a dark ritual involving the sacrifice of hundreds of virgins (Which is most of Halo Fanon's user base), he ascended to the position of Bureaucrat. Now all that is left for him is the last two steps on his plan to world domination, the first being to build a giant slingshot, the second is using said slingshot to fire Sona into the sun.|
|Brodie-001||Brodie-001 wandered onto this site in mid-2010, looking for a place to set down his many story ideas. After nearly two years of quietly getting on with his work he finally braved the IRC and began interacting with his fellow users. He has since amassed a number of articles and has a habit of killing characters en-masse in his stories. While not writing fanon he takes the time to help lead his fellow fanoneers on excursions to Xbox Live in what has since been dubbed 'Halo Party Time'. Brodie currently lives in London, and spends most of his time playing games, not sleeping, and shouting at inanimate objects.|
|Actene||Actene joined the site in 2008 and hit the ground running by winning his first award in the annual awards a few months later. Since then he has participated in several community projects and expanded his own meta-verse to include a diverse cast of award-winning characters. Connected to the community through the IRC, his talk page, and a round-the-clock observation of the recent changes page, he never tires of collaboration with other uses. When left to his own devices he delights in rewriting his own work ad infinitum, as the last version was disgustingly shoddy and this new version is the pinnacle of literary perfection. A member of the US Army reserve and a college student, Actene juggles his real world commitments with his dedication to the HFFW, which usually comes out on top of his priorities.|
|Ahalosniper||Arriving in mid-2009, ASniper remained largely ignorant of the site at large for over years, working on his own machinations in the background before joining the IRC and first connecting with other members of the community in 2012. In that time, however, he observed and learned through imitation the skills necessary to craft a quality article, and connected with newer users through talk pages rather than chats, taking the time to think out his responses. He looks forward to collaboration between users, and wishes that there would be more prose stories written on the site and articles would shoot for a wider range of annual awards.|
|Lordofmonsterisland|| An enigma from the bygone ages of '07, Lordofmonsterisland (crf. LOMI) quickly rose to power through his clean-up efforts, aid to new users and large quantity of written content. For several years afterwards, he |
Now, called to arms against the rubbish buried within the site and needing release from the growing, unwritten desires within him, LOMI returns to power once more, ready to smite n00bs and instill fear into the hearts of vandals everywhere.
- January: The wikia is founded, granting RelentlessRecusant and H*Bad bureaucratic powers
- March: Instatement of Rotaretilbo and Donut THX 1138
- May: Instatement of Leon2323
- July: Instatement of Spartan-091
- November: Instatement of Ajax and Dragonclaws
- Jun: Retirement of H*Bad
- August: Instatement of LOMI, Subtank and SPARTAN-077 (Forum:RfA Voting)
- September: Retirement of RelentlessRecusant
- March: Failed RfA of Leo Fox (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/SPARTAN-118)
- Retirement of Rotaretilbo
- Instatement of Maslab (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/Maslab)
- Instatement of Grizzlei (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/CommanderTony)
- Instatement of -AR- (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/117649AnnihilativeRepentance)
- Failed RfA of Sonasaurus (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/Sona 'Demal)
- Instatement of Leo Fox (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/SPARTAN-118 (2))
- April: Joke RfA of ODSTSuperSpartan (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/ODSTSuperSpartan)
- August: Instatement of Sonasaurus (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/Sona 'Demal (2))
- Retirement of Dragonclaws, Spartan-091 and Subtank
- Bureaucratic instatement of LOMI and Sonasaurus (Forum:Appointment of new bureaucrat)
- Instatement of StoneGhost (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/Athena32)
- Retirement of AR and Maslab (Halo Fanon:Administrative Evaluation/2013)
- Retirement of LOMI (Forum:The Passing of an Age)
- Instatement of Ahalosniper (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/Ahalosniper)
- Instatement of Actene (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/Actene)
- Instatement of Brodie-001 (Halo Fanon:Requests for Administration/Brodie-001)
- Bureaucratic instatement of Ajax (Forum:LOMI's replacement bureaucrat)
- May: Reinstatement of LOMI (Forum:There's a First Time for Everything)
- Retirement of Sonasaurus
- Bureaucratic instatement of Brodie-001 (Forum:I think it's about that time)
- Main Page
- Requests for Administration
- Rules and Guidelines of Halo Fanon
- Internet Relay Channel (#halo-fanon)
- — One of the wikis the Halo Fanon staff cooperates and maintains good relations with. Some staff members of the Halo Fanon Administration may also be members of the Halopedia staff which allows for a continuous friendly manner between users and the ability to share policies.