Accessing the channel
If you have an IRC client;
If you do not have an IRC client;
To download a free IRC client, try one of the following recommended links. The network used by Halo Fanon is called "Freenode".
- (Firefox users only)
Please follow these while on the #Halo-Fanon IRC Channel. Breaking rules will be dealt with at the current Op's discretion.
- No banning/removing/autoremoving/muting users for no reason .
- No kickwars/banwars - take them to #kickwars and #banwars.
- Browser wars are prohibited. Take them to #browserwars.
- Keep discussions about politics to a bare minimum, unless it has something to do with the topic at hand. Take political arguments to #uncyclopedia.
- Do not remove autoremovals or bans without discussion unless someone has autoremoved or banned a channel operator.
- Assume good faith.
- Use your real username while on the channel. It is strongly recommended that you . Varying nicks are permitted (see ), but all users should use their site usernames, or a close variation/abbreviation as their registered IRC name.
- Permission is not required in order to archive, i.e. "quoting", conversations in public channels. It is, however, required in personal/private channels/messages.
- No cursing to be used offensively, i.e. personal attacks. Keep it civil and mature.
- No spamming, flooding, mass posting etc. Use or a wiki page to post logs longer than five lines.
List of IRC Commands
A list of the most commonly used commands on the IRC. The green text indicates the variables.
- Join channel: /join #CHANNEL
- Leave channel: /part MESSAGE
- Exit IRC: /quit MESSAGE
- Action: /me ACTION
- Change name: /nick NAME
- Send memo: /msg memoserv send NAME MESSAGE
- Clear text (does not affect others): /clear
- Register account: /ns register PASSWORD EMAIL
- Log in: /ns identify PASSWORD
- Register extra name: (using desired name while logged in) /ns group
- Unregister extra name: (using desired name while logged in) /ns ungroup
- Disconnect registered/grouped user: /ns ghost NAME
- Activate operator status: /cs op #CHANNEL
- Deactivate operator status: /mode -o NAME
- Voice user: /mode +v NAME
- Devoice user: /mode -v NAME
- Boot user: /kick NAME MESSAGE
- Ban user: /mode +b NAME/HOST
- Mute user: /mode +q NAME/HOST
- Mute channel: /mode +m
Users with operator status on #halo-fanon and their corresponding operator's access privileges number.
The full-time channel operators, reserved mostly for Halo Fanon's administrators.
- Sonasaurus — Bureaucrat and Channel Contact (also known as "Aeolus")
- Ajax 013 — Bureaucrat
- StoneGhost — Administrator
- Leo Fox — Administrator (also known as "[Scoots]")
- Actene — Administrator
- Ahalosniper — Administrator
- Brodie-001 — Administrator
- Nicmavr — Technical Op (also known as "Kestrel-029")
Other users who are trusted with operator flags and are given +o flags in times of need.