Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Greetings and joyful salutations! Welcome to
Justanothergrunt's Actene's Sonasaurus' Brodie-001's Survival of the Fittest, where anyone can join and everybody....pretty much dies... This will probably not be a clean fight, you'll see cheap shots, backstabbing, makeshift alliances and betrayals, as your favourite Halo Fanon characters beat the crap out of each other to become champ in a massive free for all brawl in a variety of locations, with terrain ranging from cities, lava spewing volcanoes, icy lakes, space stations and Forerunner installations. Enjoy!
Survival of the Fittest 4.0
Like some of our earlier systems, Season Six will operate on a similar principle to the community stories seen in recent years. The project lead and a small group of guest writers will take care of the entire story once submissions are completed.
Writing and Submissions
- Users may nominate a total of five characters.
- No articles with existing problems (NCF, unrealistic, godmodding) or the Humour Template may be submitted.
- The general quality of an article may determine a character's relevance in the overall story; 'stub' characters with little or no information on their articles may be unceremoniously killed should they be slated to die, while those with a decent amount of information and quality are more likely to have lengthier, exciting battles.
- When submitting, users should include a character's name, age, rank (if any), starting weaponry (be reasonable) and an image to use for the death board.
- Only canon species are allowed to be submitted. This was done due to the prevalence of
big stompy robotspowerful user-made species dominating the game in early seasons.
- Users are recommended to frequent the site's IRC channel while the game is active, should they wish to discuss the specifics of how their character would act with the writing team or if they feel their character is being portrayed wrongly. Otherwise, all characters will be written as the writer interprets them.
- Don't be sad if your character gets killed. As stated below, all deaths are randomised for maximum fairness.
- Once character submissions close, each character will receive a number.
- The implementation of a random number generator will mark which characters fight and if they are going to die or not. Certain rolls may determine if two characters (say, a UNSC Marine and an Insurrectionist soldier) decide to team up instead of immediately attempting to murder each other. The generator's location and results will be made known only to the writing team to avoid spoiling the story for everyone else beforehand.
- Depending on the total number of characters, each round will mark a certain number of people for death, slowly whittling down the competition over the course of several arenas until only one survives.
- Once your character dies, that's it. No sudden revivals, emergency surgery or bullshit Forerunner space magic can save them once they get taken out.
Weapons and Items
The weapon system in Season Six works as such:
- Users may choose which weapon their character begins the game with. Keep in mind that high-end weaponry does not equate to instant victory, so please be reasonable and don't arm all of your characters with missile launchers. Choose something your character would be likely to carry (A primary and secondary weapon and some grenades will do) and list it during signup.
- While ammunition will not be closely monitored, the writers will be expected to keep track of how much a character has fired their weapon. Over the course of the story they will likely run out and have to either take weaponry from other combatants or raid armouries to re-arm themselves. However, a character's weaponry does not give them an overall edge as far as the story goes; a Spartan with a machine gun could easily lose to an unarmed Grunt should the number generator mark the former for death.
- Supply drops may appear throughout the arena at certain intervals following the announcements.
Season Six will introduce a number of new aspects to our Survival of the Fittest tournament in addition to a couple of older features, listed here:
- First and foremost, this season will include an announcement system of sorts as the game progresses. Naturally your characters will realise they've been put into a massive deathmatch for no particular reason, and the character of the Announcer will be introduced to read off character deaths, potential hazards, and to inform them of any changes to the arena. Some characters may even be awarded for particularly spectacular kills.
- In addition to a leaderboard of users with points allocated according to their character's kills, a 'death board' will also be added containing pictures of every single character in the game. As each character dies the picture will be updated with pictures crossed out until only one emerges as the champion.
- Instead of the usual island terrain, this SOTF season will have multiple locales that change as the game goes on. These changes may occur at certain points in game after a certain amount of deaths have occurred, with the areas slowly becoming smaller and smaller to accommodate a reduced number of participants.
- 'NPC' characters will also populate areas of certain maps. Usually consisting of Human or Unggoy soldiers, they will be defending supply outposts and vehicle depots, though they will likely pose little threat to the main characters and serve only to act as obstacles. As implied by earlier seasons, they are little more than defenders generated by the arena and exist only to guard their designated outposts.
- Wild animals may also be present in certain locations, either as native fauna or dropped in to shake up the game. Expect fearsome and prowling around, looking for unsuspecting participants to devour.
- Season 1 (2007) [COMPLETED]
- Season 2 (2008) [CANCELLED]
- Season 3 (2010) [CANCELLED]
- Season 4 (2012) [COMPLETED]
- Season 5 (2014) [CANCELLED]
Current Season — Season Six