|This article, Invasion of FT-329, was written by Spartan 501. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
On October 8th, 2541, an ONI Scout Squadron located the planet FT-329. It was Covenant held, and was not a former human world. Immediatly an assault force was assembled, but the assault force was follow by a group of URF ships. At the same time, a group of flood began to try to escape the core of the planet, and an elite named Ldgh 'Rehodee led a heretic rebellion that took control of 20 ships.
UNSC Fleet prepares to exit slipspace, Rebel forces prepare to follow.
1 Hour After
- UNSC fleet exits slipspace and is instantly attacked by Covenant forces, almost all frigates perish in the attack. They retaliate with a salvo of MAC shots, and destoy two Dozen Mixed Covenant ships. Meanwhile Rebel forces overshoot the planet and end up an hour away from the planet. They begin to head for the planet.
1 and 1/4 Hours After
- A strike team or heretic forces attack twenty some odd capital ships and commandeer them, they then gather and open fire on the believer fleet.
- Onboard the UNSC Out of the Light, Commander Damien Craven succesfully jettisons several hundred marines into the planet before dying in renetry.
- A convoy of Pelicans carrying 50,000 marines plus Lambda Squad prepares to launch.
- The 112th Naval Squadron and the 118th Escort Squadron are assigned to guard the convoy.
1 and 1/3 Hours After
- The Pelicans successfully launch, and their two escorting squadrons follow
1 and 2/3 Hours After
- Pelicans touch down and offload troops, they set up a defensive perimeter.
2 Hours After
- UNSC Main force heads into the exosphere and enganges the Covenant fleet over the planet.
- Cloaked Coveant forces attack the human encampment, destroying 4 warthogs and 2 scorpion tanks
- UNSC forces drive off Covenant, but ODST Captain Michael Peterson is caught at gunpoint by hunters
- He succesfully kills the hunters
- Elite Kwas 'Pudmee boards a spirit dropship to lead an assault on human forward base.
- Elements of the 112th follow this spirit
2 Hours 10 Minutes After
- Elements of the 112th discover the Spirit is heading for hill 75, a human forward base, and rush in and land. They meet a Lieuteant General and are attacked by a group of elites.