|This article, Invasion of Sanghelios, was written by Spartan 501. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
The Invasion of Sangheilios was a prominent battle in the Great Schism. It began when Loyalist forces, with a fleet of 23, attacked the Sangheili forces in the system and attempted to lay siege to the planet.
November 5th, 2552
- Loyalist armada enters the system
- Loyalists immediatly dispatch dropships
- Seperatist fleet in mobilized and sent on an intercept course to the approaching Loyalists
- Seperatist ground forces mobilize.
- All Seperatist units are brought to red alert
- Loyalist and Seperatist fleets engage each other
- Seperatists launch Seraphs to intercept the dropships
- Loyalist fighter screen destroys Seperatist Seraphs
- All transports survive
- Loyalist forces advance on Seperatist cities
- Orbital Battle Continues
- Captured Covenant frigate controlled by SPARTAN-144 enters the system
- Battle continues to rage
- SPARTAN-144's ship is targetted by Jiralhanae forces
- SPARTAN-144's ship is disabled by Jiralhanae fire, and the ship crashes into the surface of the planet
- Loyalist and Seperatists begin a battle at the crashsite.
- SPARTAN-144 overloads the reactor engines
- SPARTAN-144 escapes
- Reactor explodes
SPARTAN-144 hides in mountains above the planet, and fires sniper fire at both sides
- Minister of Elegance descends to the planet to personally lead the ground op.
- Covenant Loyalist push Sangheili back to a single mountain, coincidently were SPARTAN-144 is hiding.
- SPARTAN-114 is captured by Seperatist elites, who spare him due to the truce between the two races
- Rapid Seperatist mechanized assault is lauched, dealing a decisive blow to the Loyalists
- Loyalist fleet in orbit is destroyed
- All remaining Loyalist forces are rounded up and killed
- SPARTAN-144 is given a modified Seraph with a slipspace drive, and he returns to UNSC space