|| This article, M14 SMG, was written by Leo Fox and Maslab. Please do not edit this fiction without the writers' permission.
|M14 Submachine Gun|
1628 cR (Credits)
- (extended): 62.7 cm (24.68 in.)
- (retracted): 47.4 cm (18.66 in.)
- (empty): 1.3 kg (2.86 lbs)
- (loaded): 2.88 kg (6.36 lbs)
60 rounds per magazine
Restricted only by available space for magazine and weight
| Ammunition Type||
5x23 millimeter Armor-Piercing Incendiary
Gas-operated System, Rotating Breech
|Rate of Fire||
20 rounds/sec (1200 rounds per minute)
100 meters (310 ft)
Post Human-Covenant War (Against All Odds)
Rifles, long range weaponry
UNSC(Against All Odds)
- "Its just a M7 SMG, that has a higher ROF, with rails for adjustable sights, and various other goodies."
- ―Anonymous E-BAG/1/3 serviceman
The M14 SMG is essentially a modernized, souped-up variant of the M7/Caseless Submachine Gun, produced by Aperture Science in late 2561.
Assault variant used by Marine CQB squads. Smaller magazine and no muzzle brake to reduce weight.
Suppressed variant used for covert operations. Integrated suppressor and no muzzle brake.
Primary Differences from M7/C SMG
- 3 Rails for attachments, using SOPMOD Kit.
- 5x23 millimeter rounds have slightly more AP capability.
- Has higher rate of fire, using more rounds in less time.
- Muzzle brake reduces recoil.