|This article, M820A Scorpion Assault Vehicle Engineers, was written by Ajax 013. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
- "I have never seen a obstacle than stop my tank, short of a mountain. Maybe they should make a drill attachment to fix that as well?"
- ―Anonymous AVE engineer.
The M808G Scorpion AVE (also know as the 'Jack' and phonetically the 'Avee') was designed as a 'Jack of all trades' in engineering/sapper work. With modular sections, demolition orientated weaponry and the ability to carry a team of engineers into combat, the vehicle ploughs through all obstacles.
It is essentially a Scorpion with a modified turret, bogies and a front and rear carrying module. The turret is now a 150mm demolitions mortar, not effective for dealing with vehicles but ideal for demolishing buildings and obstacles, though it is effective against infantry. Later versions included side pylons, capable of mounting rocket pods, cannons, flamethrowers or line breaching charges. It's bogies feature large 'shield' plates, protecting the riders from enemy fire and allowing it to carry several personnel in safety and the boogies also now carry hydraulic support struts. The two modules are made for carrying optional equipment.
- Mine ploughs (Hydraulic)
- Dozer blades (Hydraulic)
- Front loader (Hydraulic)
- Mat roll tough material to give it and the tanks following it a stable footing in muddy, sandy or other tough terrains (Hydraulic)
- Bundles of Steel pipes which can be layed across ditches to provide the tank and the following ones ease of movement over them.
- Earth moving scoop (Hydraulic)
- Earth borer capable of boring 2 meters (Hydraulic)
- Rake for scaring roads
- Armoured sled for pulling along sapper teams or equipment.
- Bundles of steel pipes.
- Mine Ordinance Launcher Equipment (MOLE). A Mine launching sled that fires AT or AP mines from a modular launcher set up, with preset aiming sequences. The mines posses IFF detectors and a programmable life span, at which the end of, they explode. Also, specialized AT mines can be launched that bounce up to damage anti gravity vehicles.
- WEASEL mine clearance system. Another sled system, this launches a missile which ejects a coiled tube 210m long that its ejected so it lies across a minefield. It is packed with high explosive, destroying mines within a seven meter radius and clearing a path.
It also carriers on board equipment for cutting granite, steel or drilling along with armoured explosive storage compartments.
"Those Charlie Foxtrots never put anti tank defences around the Kassheim gap, they thought no vehicle could breach the obstacles. We get two of these and next day we have Scorpions rolling down the express way to the city."
"That gun is meant for blowing buildings to bits but everyone knows its good for doing the same thing to people."
"Digging a trench, filling a trench, laying mines, digging em up, clearing obstacles, putting 'em up, goin over sand mud and snow and drilling a great big fucking hole in the ground is nuthin for this thing."
"The real secret to AVE's success are those modular sections. No need to have dozens of independant vehicles for each of these functions, we just have a a single vehicle we can design on demand for its mission purpose. Its easy enough to change parts if a ARRV is on the scene, a Pelican is on standby to airlift parts or if we have them on site."
Ground Vehicles of the UNSC
Warthog FAV | Warthog Knight LRV | Gauss Hog LAAV | Rocket Hog LAAV | Guard Hog Crusader | Warthog Assassin RAV | Warthog Troop Transport | Tread Hog DTV | Warthog Medical Vehicle | Warthog Ammunition Carrier | Spark Hog MEWS | Fire Hog CB-RADAR| Warthog Recovery Vehicle | Warthog Flatbed Truck