|This article, Swift's Brigade, was written by Rozh. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
- "Embrace your strengths; release your anguish."
- ―English translation of the 216th's current motto
Swift's Brigade (shorthand designate: SBG), known officially as the 216th Armored Brigade, is a prominent cavalry formation of the UNSC Army. It has been assigned subordinate position within the III Regional Army since the midpoint of the twenty-fourth century.
The first ancestor unit of the 216th is believed to be the 37th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, a major component of the Ohio Army National Guard formed in early 2007. With the advent of conscription during the Brazilian-American War, the 37th Brigade was brought up to a regular combatant status and designated the 216th Infantry; however, after forty years of further service, the unit would be indefinitely deactivated.Fortunately, the brigade would be brought back into action in the early 2200s as a supplemental Martian garrison detachment under the designation of 216th Cavalry; after a century-and-a-half of stagnation, the base of command would one again travel to Taradia in order to suppress and/or deter minor threats of separatism on the then-fledgling colony world. After a short stint on the outskirts of New Bath, the majority of its operations was relocated to the largely uninhabited Midland Peninsula as the primary defensive force in the region.
The term "Swift" is derived from the name of the units most successful commander: Brigadier General Jérôme Swift. During the intensive Operation ADAMANT, then-Brigadier General Swift was successful in holding off a greater Sarkovian assault force with almost no external support. Before this triumph, the 216th Calvary was occasionally referred to as the Buckeye Infantry, a nod to the formation's early history.
- — I Squadron, 118th Infantry, Mistpeak Marauders — (SBG One)
- — II Squadron, 85th Inf. (Mech.), Hallelujah Regiment — (SBG Two)
- — III Squadron, 44th Calvary, Morejovan Stallions — (SBG Three)
- — Alpha Group, 22nd Battalion 7th Advance Recon — (SBG Recon)
- — Bravo Group, 400th Shock Company — (SBG Shock)
Behind the Scenes
- The name of this brigade is inspired by Swift's Brigade, a small, conventional unit encountered in Fable III.
- The number 216 was inspired by the author's area code.
- The 216th Bde will play a major role in the upcoming project within the Infinityverse, which is due to be active (hopefully) around late January.