|This article, United Nations Space Command (AAO), was written by Maslab. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
|This is a fanon expansion of a canon element. To see the original canon article, follow the link to Halopedia:.|
The United Nations Space Command is the Unified Earth Government military branch.
The period following the end of the Human-Covenant War was one fraught with power struggles and peril. Fleet Admiral Andrew Gering.stepped down as the de facto leader of the UNSC and handed the reins off to Admiral
With the passing of the Reformation Act of 2555 the UNSC gained an influx of funds, technology, and recruits. While the Covenant seemed to be, for the moment, consolidating their forces and rebuilding, the leaders of the UNSC knew they had to do so as well.
- 2565- amount of Covenant raids rise, and the UNSC retaliated with new weapons designed to disrupt plasma weaponry and won several crushing blows against the invading zealots.
- 2567- Delta Company begins active duty. The new Spartans prove incredibly effective.
- 2568- Spartan III program goes public. Standoff on Syndicate-5 ends with a flawless victory over Covenant Loyalist forces. Discovery of the Judicator later in the year.
- 2569- Precursor structure discovered on Sanghelios with active Flood forms inside. Science team sent to investigate after the outbreak is successfully contained. The Fallen disband after being dealt a massive blow by a team of Spartan IIIs.
- 2570- A massive victory over a small Covenant Loyalist invasion fleet during the Battle for Kennedy Space Port delays several other pushes. Huragok officially join the Interspecies Union. Technological innovation accelerates dramatically.
- 2572- Flood outbreak observed and contained. Colony of Resolution glassed. The Path Walkers are discovered. Stalemate at Falaknuma begins.
- 2573- Stalemate at Falaknuma ends with UNSC victory. A single Spartan and a Sangheili Field Master flee the battle with a Forerunner artifact.
Branches of the United Nations Space Command
The UNSC Navy is the primary source of transportation and offensive capabilities in the UNSC.
- Chairman of the Unified Earth Government
- Secretary of Defense
- Secretary of the Navy
- Chief of Naval Operations
- Vice Chief of Naval Operations
- Director, Naval Staff
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
- Unified Combatant Commanders
- Fleet Commanders
The Marines are the UNSC's primary offensive ground force.
Marine Corps Command Structure
The UNSC Army's role is that of defense, often holding heavily guarded bases on important planets.
UNSC Army Command Structure
The UNSC Air Force serves a similar role to the Army. They primary use heavy fighters and interceptors.
UNSC Air Force Command Structure
The UNSC ranking system was re-established in 2555 in accordance to the formation of the Interspecies Union. There were a few minor changes in rank names as well as their respective roles in the military. Additional changes include:
- Identical insignias for all branches, difference in branches distinguished by shoulder-patch color.
- Additional usage of insignia and correspondingly minimized usage of imagery to make ranks easier to identify and differentiate.
- Omitting of human-exclusive symbols that are more difficult to identify by other member species (Oak leaf, eagle, anchor, shield, etc.).
- Re-designation of the Army's E-2 and E-3 ranks to align with the Marine Corps'.
- Re-designation of the Air Force's E-5 through E-8 ranks to align with the Army and Marine Corps' ranks.
- More reflective of United Nations representation as a whole as opposed to merely the (defunct) United States'.
|[Source] ˑ [Edit]||List of UNSC Ranks in Against All Odds|
|Rank||Expeditionary Forces||Occupying Forces|
|Marine Corps||Navy||Army||Air Force|
|E-1||Private||Crewman Recruit||Private||Airman Basic|
|E-2||Private First Class||Crewman Apprentice||Private First Class||Airman|
|E-3||Lance Corporal||Crewman||Lance Corporal||Airman First Class|
|E-4||Corporal||Petty Officer Third Class||Specialist||Senior Airman|
|E-5||Sergeant||Petty Officer Second Class||Sergeant||Sergeant|
|E-6||Staff Sergeant||Petty Officer First Class||Staff Sergeant||Technical Sergeant|
|E-7||Gunnery Sergeant||Chief Petty Officer||Sergeant First Class||Chief Technical Sergeant|
|E-8||Master Sergeant||Senior Chief Petty Officer||Master Sergeant||Master Sergeant|
|First Sergeant||First Sergeant|
|E-9||Master Gunnery Sergeant||Master Chief Petty Officer||Sergeant Major||Chief Master Sergeant|
|Sergeant Major||Force Master Chief Petty Officer||Command Sergeant Major||Command Chief Master Sergeant|
|Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer|
|Command Master Chief Petty Officer|
|Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps||Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy||Sergeant Major of the Army||Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force|
|W-1||Warrant Officer 1||Warrant Officer 1||Warrant Officer 1||Warrant Officer 1|
|W-2||Chief Warrant Officer 2||Chief Warrant Officer 2||Chief Warrant Officer 2||Chief Warrant Officer 2|
|W-3||Chief Warrant Officer 3||Chief Warrant Officer 3||Chief Warrant Officer 3||Chief Warrant Officer 3|
|W-4||Chief Warrant Officer 4||Chief Warrant Officer 4||Chief Warrant Officer 4||Chief Warrant Officer 4|
|W-5||Chief Warrant Officer 5||Chief Warrant Officer 5||Chief Warrant Officer 5||Chief Warrant Officer 5|
|O-1||Second Lieutenant||Ensign||Second Lieutenant||Second Lieutenant|
|O-2||First Lieutenant||Lieutenant (junior grade)||First Lieutenant||First Lieutenant|
|O-5||Lieutenant Colonel||Commander||Lieutenant Colonel||Lieutenant Colonel|
|Flag Rank Officers|
|O-8||Major General||Rear Admiral||Major General||Major General|
|O-9||Lieutenant General||Vice Admiral||Lieutenant General||Lieutenant General|
|O-11||General of the Marine Corps||Fleet Admiral||General of the Army||General of the Air Force|
|Standard Rank • Non-standard Rank • Warrant Officer|
- ↑ The Office of Investigations most likely investigates and judges the actions of all the arms of the UNSC, as it is the only known judicial organization of the UNSC.
- ↑ Private grade 2: Defunct as of 2555
- ↑ Private First Class (Army): Switched to E-2 as of 2555
- ↑ Staff Sergeant (Air Force): Defunct as of 2555
- ↑ Master Sergeant (Air Force): Switched to E-8 as of 2555
- ↑ Senior Master Sergeant: Defunct as of 2555
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Brigadier General: Defunct as of 2555
- ↑ Rear Admiral Lower Half: Defunct as of 2555